The tutorials and PlainTalk courses listed below provide excellent opportunities for participants to attain their personal development objectives. These courses are eligible for CEUs (Continuing Education Units). CEU certificates are useful for registered Professional Engineers in states where continuing education is required.
PLAIN TALK ABOUT THE ELECTRIC POWER INDUSTRY
PES PLAIN TALK courses aim to increase your understanding of the electric power system, how it operates and how it is evolving. PES PLAIN TALK courses for the power industry professional provide you with practical knowledge that you can use as you work in or with this important industry. These courses will help you to understand technical aspects of the electric power industry, even if you do not have an engineering background.
PES PLAIN TALK courses are co-located with the PES General Meeting and do not require conference registration. Each day begins at 7:30 am with registration/breakfast. The courses run from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm each day. There are single and multiple-course registration options.
Early Bird Registration ends June 26th, 2012.
- Power System Basics - Tuesday, July 24, 2012
- Distribution System - Wednesday, July 25, 2012
- Transmission System - Thursday, July 26, 2012
Click HERE to Register and for Detailed Information and Brochure.
PES Tutorials offered at the General Meeting cover a range of topics. Choose from:
- Six half-day tutorials about Smart Grid. You can choose from tutorials that cover Smart Grid from a broad perspective, to those which cover Smart Grid from specific areas, including distribution, operations, security, and distributed energy resources.
- Four full day tutorials encompassing a wide range of topics of interest to engineers, including Power Quality, Operation of Electricity Markets, Static Var Compensators, and the Application of IEC CIM Standards.
Tutorials are part of the General Meeting. An an additional registration fee is required.
Click HERE for schedule, detailed tutorial descriptions and instructor biographies.