PES is pleased to announce that there will be a Student Poster Contest and a Student Job Fair at the 2012 GM.
Student Industry Faculty Luncheon and Student Job Fair
25 July 2012 11:45 a.m.-3:00 p.m Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego, CA USA
The job fair provides a forum for employers and students who share a common interest in the power and energy industry to meet and discuss career opportunities. The format of the job fair is designed to enable one-to-one conversations between students and company engineers.
Luncheon: 11:45-1:30 p.m.
During the luncheon, awards will be given to the students who entered the highest-scoring posters in the Student Poster Competition. A keynote address will be given on a topic of interest to students.
Job Fair: 1:30-3:00 p.m. following the luncheon
- Format: Students may sit with employer representatives during lunch on a space-available basis, first-come, first-served. All industry and faculty attendees at the luncheon are encouraged to sit with students for informal conversations about engineering careers. After lunch, students may circulate among recruiting tables for further conversations. They may also visit with PES members who are volunteering as career resource advisors, each of whom will have a table in the job fair area.
- Eligibility: When you register for the General Meeting, simply sign-up for the Student Industry Faculty luncheon, or go back later to purchase your ticket and update your registration. ( http://pesgm12.org ) For students, the cost of the luncheon is $20 on or before 25 June, or $25 thereafter. You may purchase tickets on-site, but only if tickets remain. Seats are limited, so advance purchase is recommended.
- Resumes: Optional. Some companies prefer not to collect resumes at job fairs. Consider using PES-Careers.org to post your resumes. Please do not send your resumes to the job fair organizers.
- Eligibility: Any company sponsoring a table at the luncheon may participate in the job fair. These sponsorships make this student program possible and provide advertising for the sponsoring companies. Platinum and Gold sponsors of the General Meeting also receive luncheon and literature tables if they wish.
- Registration: To register for a luncheon table where you can sit and talk with students, and for a literature table during the job fair, contact Barry LeCerf at 913-663-1112 or
- Attendees: The preferred company representatives are engineers who will be attending the GM. Company HR recruiters may attend if desired. Two luncheon tickets will be provided with each luncheon table sponsorship. More tickets may be purchased on-site for company representatives if available. A majority of the student attendees will be graduate students, but there will also be undergraduate students present as well
- Tables: A luncheon table and a literature table will be provided to each luncheon table sponsor. A placard with company name will be on both tables. Flags, signs, display boards, and booths will not be allowed. Your organization’s tablecloths are acceptable.
- Literature Table Set-up: Opens at 11:00 a.m.
- Job Posting: Optional. Get the word out about your internships and entry-level job openings using PES-Careers.org to post your positions! The service is free and you can still use your normal application process if you wish.
Register for the General Meeting: http://pesgm12.org
Student support and poster contest information and registration: http://ieeepesstd.lcsee.wvu.edu/~jmsolanki/indexgm.html (For reference only. Student Support and Poster Submission deadlines have passed.)