2018 GM Student Support Program and Poster Contest
The IEEE PES 2018 General Meeting organizing committee and the student activities subcommittee of IEEE PES Power and Energy Education Committee are happy to announce that there will be both a Student Support Program and a Student Poster Contest at the PES General Meeting 2018 in Portland, OR, USA from August 5-9, 2018. The website for student housing application and poster abstract submissions will be available shortly. Note that the deadline for all student housing applications and faculty/supervisor recommendations is April 20, 2018, 5:00 PM EST USA.
Please note that conference registration to the 2018 PES GM is required for student housing applications and submission of poster abstracts.
Note, with regard to the poster contest, the website will be available shortly, which will provide all information.
Students wishing to be considered for the poster contest must submit a 1 page abstract in PDF format, written according to the IEEE PES template. Link to submit will be available shortly.
Samples of 1 page abstract are available online here.
Students are NOT required to submit the poster online at any time. Deadline for submitting 1 page abstract is April 20, 2018, 5:00 PM EST.
We plan to notify students of acceptance into this program by May 7, 2018.
A few pointers:
- This subcommittee is not involved in providing letters in support of visa applications for international visitors. For that purpose, visit the PES General Meeting website.
- To facilitate timely processing of hotel rooms for student attendees, the subcommittee has decided not to extend the deadline beyond April 20, 2018. We sincerely hope that with the enough lead time, you will not find the need to request an extension of the deadline.
- Poster session will be held on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 from 7:30AM - 9:30AM.
- Student Poster Award winners will be announced at Student Industry Faculty Luncheon program on Wednesday, August 8, 2018 from 11:30AM – 01:30PM. Note that a ticket is required for entry and can be purchased at the point of registration or at the conference. Tickets are limited so it is advisable to purchase at point of registration if you would like to attend the luncheon.
- Job fair is also planned and it is followed after Student Industry Faculty Luncheon program. So please prepare and build your resume.
Please check the GM website later for updated information about the date, time, and room for the Student/Industry/Faculty Luncheon, student poster session and student job fair on the advanced program when it becomes available. Please share this announcement with prospective students. We look forward to your active participation
IEEE PES Student Activities Subcommittee
Dr. Aaron St. Leger
Dr. Valentina Cecchi
Dr. Sridhar Chouhan
Dr. Anthony S. Deese