IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting Virtual Conference Details
To access the Virtual Sessions, please click on the Session you wish to attend in the conference program. In order to access the Virtual Sessions, you must have a paid registration to 2020 PES General Meeting.
All conference sessions will be available to registered attendees on Monday, August 3, 2020 at 11:00am EST following the IEEE PES Members Meeting and Plenary Session.
The conference material will be available on demand until 28 August. Individuals can register after the conference starts and still have access to material.
Help Desk Information
Virtual Conference Sessions
The conference program contains the links to access each Virtual Session room.
To enter a Virtual Session
- Click on the session you would like to attend and on the hyperlinked title in the top left corner
- Enter the Registration Email used for your Conference Registration - this email must match your confirmation email or you will be unable to access the Session.
Session pre-registration will be available starting Monday, August 3 at 11:00am EST. Prior to Saturday, these links will give you a "Not Registered" error.
Virtual PES General Meeting Format
The 2020 IEEE PES General Meeting will be a virtual event from 3 - 6 August 2020. This material will be available until 28 August. Many of the sessions will focus on how Big Data, Machine Learning, and Electric Transportation are Transforming the Grid. While a virtual conference was not our original plan we feel that this is a great opportunity for you to learn about the most recent developments within the industry. Plans are being made to ensure that the entire program is an interactive experience for all participants.
Conference attendees will have exclusive access to 400+ hours of conference material. This material was generated from PES Technical Committees and their working groups. The program will include the following:
PES Members Meeting
- The PES President will provide an update on Society activities and the candidates for Division VII Director-elect will be provided an opportunity to discuss their candidacy.
PES Plenary Session
- Attendees will benefit from hearing from Utility leaders around the world as they talk on how Big Data, Machine Learning and Electric Transportation Transform the Electric Grid. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions of these industry leaders.
PES Super Sessions
- Attendees will be able to attend all of the super sessions including the Late Breaking News session which highlights the most recent developments & trends within the power industry. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions of these industry leaders.
- Over 150 panel sessions ranging from 60 minutes to 240 minutes will be available to conference attendees. Some of these sessions will include a questions & answer period.
Best Conference Paper Sessions
- Conference papers that have been selected to be part of the best paper sessions will provide a 8 minute video presentation summarizing their paper. These papers & presentations will be judged by a panel of their peers with the top selections being recognized afterwards. Attendees will have an opportunity to discuss the papers with the authors.
Paper Forum Session
- Authors of papers that have been selected to be part of the paper forum will provide a 5 minute video summary of their paper. Attendees will have an opportunity to discuss the papers with the authors.
Transaction Papers Sessions
- Authors of papers that have been selected to be part of the Transaction Paper sessions will provide a 5 minute video summary of their paper. Attendees will have an opportunity to discuss the papers with the authors.
- Authors will provide a 5 minute video summary of their posters. Attendees will have an opportunity to discuss the posters with the authors.
Student Poster Competition
- Authors will provide a 5 minute video summary of their posters.
- Attendees will have an opportunity to discuss the posters with the authors.
- Students with the top posters will be recognized.
- For an additional fee, attendees will have an opportunity to register for online tutorials being held in conjunction with the virtual event.
Committee and Administrative meetings will be scheduled separately by the respective meeting chairs outside the PES General Meeting Master schedule. These meetings are typically working group or administrative meetings.
Panelists will be receiving information shortly with instructions on how to load their presentations into the virtual platform. Authors will also be contacted separately with information on what needs to be completed in order for their papers to be included in IEEE Xplore.
Registration rates are being adjusted to reflect the virtual event and will be available in early June.
We look forward to having a great event as we continue work towards achieving the PES Mission to be the leading provider of scientific and engineering information on electric power and energy for the betterment of society.
IEEE PES General Meeting Steering Committee