2019 GM Companion Tours
Below is a comprehensive list of activities that Atlanta has to offer as well as transportation information to get around the city. At the Hilton Atlanta we are positioned in heart of the city and gives you easy access to so many great attractions. There will be no organized companion tours at the 2019 General Meeting in Atlanta. This gives you the flexibility to really see and do the things that you are interested in on your own time schedule. We hope you enjoy everything Atlanta has to offer!
Atlanta CityPass gives you access to some Atlanta’s top attractions. It includes Zoo Atlanta, World of Coca Cola, CNN Studio Tour and College Football Hall of Fame. For more information visit - https://www.citypass.com/atlanta
MARTA Public Transportation
- ATL Cruzers, Electric Car, and Segway Tours
- Website: https://www.atlcruzers.com/
- Description: Named The "Best first thing to do in Atlanta!" Discover some of the city's historical and eclectic neighborhoods on our small group tours. Our Atlanta Experiences are the perfect way for Atlanta natives and tourists interested in learning about Atlanta’s history, culture, and local restaurants.
- Atlanta Movie Tours
- Website: https://atlantamovietours.com/
- Big Zombie Tour: Are you a Walking Dead fan who hasn’t caught up to the latest season? Or maybe you want to take a trip down memory lane? Explore season one of The Walking Dead with us!
- Best of Atlanta Tour: With over 1,200 movies and television shows filmed here in Atlanta, this tour is packed with tons of locations, clips and behind-the-scenes stories for TV and movie fans of all kinds!
- Hero Tour: Experience the world of heroes and superheroes firsthand on this all-new tour! From Spider-Man to Rick Grimes, this tour celebrates all our favorite TV and movie heroes.
- Civil Rights Tours Atlanta
- Website: http://civilrightstour.com/
- Description: Civil Rights Tours Atlanta is about you — taking you to the places where history was made by those who made history.
- Bicycle Tours of Atlanta
- Website: https://biketoursatl.com/
- Fall in Love with Atlanta Bike Tour: This 3-hour, 8-mile bicycle cruise guides you through beautiful historic neighborhoods and scenic spots that most tourists never experience. Friendly guides will share facts and insights about historic and cultural landmarks throughout Atlanta. Feel like a kid again, hop on a bicycle and go where no other Atlanta city tour goes!
- Atlanta’s Journey for Civil Rights Bike Tour: Join us on a fascinating journey through Atlanta’s civil rights history as we connect the dots from the Antebellum South to the present-day. We’ll share key events leading up to the Civil War, Reconstruction and the subsequent events and how they gave rise to Atlanta’s history-making African-American leaders.
- Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
- Website: https://www.urbanadventurequest.com/tours/things-to-do/atlantaminiq/default.aspx
- Description: Your Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure will begin at Centennial Olympic Park and will take you on a trail through Olympic history, past great inventors and among famous broadcast moments. You'll learn local history and pay tribute to one of the great civil rights leaders.
- Atlanta Food Walks
- Website: http://www.atlantafoodwalks.com/
- Downtown Southern Food Walk: This essential Atlanta food tour through Historic Downtown reveals that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a serious foodie. You’ll taste the South, learning about regional cuisine while trying the city’s best fried chicken, pralines, and moonshine and tracking how food shaped the Civil Rights Movement
- Grant Park & Future Food Walk: Atlanta is the city built on food and you’ll dive into its food-loving past while tasting modern Southern-inspired flavors like fried catfish and okra with cucumber wasabi sauce and raspberry hibiscus meringues. Plus, this tour includes a guided walk through beautiful Historic Oakland Cemetery.
- Atlanta Prevention Center
- Website: http://www.atlantapreservationcenter.com/index
- Description: The Atlanta Preservation Center (APC) was one of the first organizations in Atlanta, Georgia, to lead Guided Walking Tours designed to introduce visitors and residents alike to designated historic neighborhoods around the City of Atlanta.
- Self-Guided Street Art Walking Tours
- Website: https://streetartmap.org/street-art-mural-walking-tours/
- Cabbagetown: This walking tour takes goes to Atlanta's famous Krog Street Graffiti tunnel. Then you'll walk along the wall bordering the CSX railroad yard. There you will see a spectacular collection of murals created for the annual Forward Warrior event. Continue past the wall to see several other diverse works of street art in other parts of Cabbagetown. You'll walk about one mile through a typical urban setting.
- East Atlanta: This quirky and bohemian hood features trendy restaurants, bars, boutiques and music venues. East Atlanta boasts fabulous murals by internationally acclaimed artists sponsored by Living Walls and the Outerspace Project. Best of all you will uncover hidden gems of street art in obscure locations. You'll walk about .8 miles through a typical urban setting and end up very close to your starting point.
- Edgewood Ave: This diverse bonanza of street art starts off with some colorful classic murals in Old Fourth Ward including several beauties created for OuterSpace Project. Next, continue past the edgy and socially conscious urban street art of the historic Sweet Auburn neighborhood. The tour ends Downtown at the epic 70 foot tall mural of civil rights icon John Lewis. About 1.2 miles of typical urban walking.
- Little Five Points: The neighborhood boasts vintage clothing shops, funky restaurants and bars, sidewalk vendors, and street musicians. You'll also enjoy some prime people watching. This half mile walking tour through a typical urban setting is a treasure hunt for murals in obscure places. You'll go through back alleys and off-street parking lots to find street art, murals, and graffiti that you would never see just walking down the street.
- Pittsburgh Neighborhood: Atlanta's Pittsburgh neighborhood has recently gained street art prominence with the introduction of a new annual event called Artoberfest. Located at the MET complex on Metropolitan Parkway, Artoberfest boasts a wall of murals longer than two football fields. This walking tour takes you along the Artoberfest wall. This is the shortest of all the six tours offered with a total walking distance of less than half a mile through a typical urban setting.
- Rockin Road Trip
- Website: http://www.rockinroadtrip.com/
- Description: We provide the transportation & a LIVE BAND provides the entertainment as we shuttle people to some of Atlanta’s hottest breweries.
- The Historic Marietta Trolley
- Website: http://mariettatrolley.com/
- Description: Join us for a one-hour, fully-narrated exploration of our historic city. Experience Marietta’s rich heritage, from the vibrant Downtown Square, past grand Antebellum homes, to the battlefields at Kennesaw Mountain
- The Peachtree Trolley
- Website: http://thepeachtreetrolley.com/
- Description: The Peachtree Trolley Company is simply the best way to see the sights and get acquainted with the city known as Hotlanta, The ATL or the Big Peach. The trolley will provide 90 minute fully-narrated tours originating near Centennial Olympic Park and will introduce you to the “Must-Sees” of Atlanta.
- CNN Studio Tours:
- Website: https://tours.cnn.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6Lysmf6f3wIVkFuGCh2CKg2YEAAYASAAEgKqmvD_BwE#
- Behind the Scenes Tour: Get exclusive, behind-the-scenes access to the world headquarters of CNN with this tour experience. You will take a 50-minute walking tour with your very own guide through the halls of CNN Center and get an inside look at how a live broadcast is produced and sent to viewers all over the world. You will also get a more in-depth look at how the world’s largest news organization operates. From the historic first newscast to the now living legacy, learn how CNN became the worldwide leader in news.
- VIP Tour: Enhance your experience with VIP treatment and get expanded access into live newsrooms, the HLN control room and a state-of-the-art studio that CNN uses daily.
- HLN Morning Express Tour with Robin Meade: Morning Sunshine! Get exclusive access to all things HLN Morning Express and meet Robin on set in Studio 7 with this specialized experience.
- World of Coca-Cola Tour
- Website: https://www.worldofcoca-cola.com/purchase-tickets/vip-guided-tours/
- Description: Experience the rich story of Coca‑Cola through a unique VIP Guided Tour of World of Coca‑Cola in Atlanta, Georgia. This option allows you to take in our attraction – within a personalized tour in a small group setting. Because this experience promotes a two-way conversation with your guide, he or she can then customize your experience to your group’s specific interests.