The 2023 IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting (GM) is fast approaching, and we look forward to welcoming you to the event on July 16-20, 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, Orlando, FL.
Your health and safety remain our top priority for the event, and we will practice protocols that reflect a spirit of respect and care for our community throughout the event. We will continue to actively monitor local- and country-specific guidelines related to COVID-19 case management and evolve our policies as needed.
In accordance with local guidance, protective masks are now optional indoors. At this time, 2023 PES GM does not intend to require participants to wear protective masks while attending the event.
All participants should feel safe and comfortable while attending the event. We ask that all participants be respectful of the mask-wearing and social-distancing preferences of their fellow participants. Masks will be available at registration if needed.
Although not required, participants are encouraged to consider taking a COVID-19 test before traveling to the event and if they become symptomatic at any time during the event.
COVID Symptoms and Positive COVID-19 Protocols
Should you feel unwell and develop symptoms related to COVID-19 while attending the event, please stay masked and quarantined (if possible) until you are able to test. Contact the onsite conference manager at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so your situation can be monitored and supported, as needed. Doing so will allow the team to take appropriate preventive measures for the health and well-being of fellow participants.
Guidance on acquiring a rapid test or accessing local testing locations can be found by contacting the event manager. Please do not go to the registration desk. Please do not go to the registration desk.
Out of an abundance of caution, we ask you to take the following steps:
Step 1: Take a COVID-19 rapid test as soon as possible, staying masked and quarantined (if possible) pending testing and results. Until you take a rapid test and receive results, it is recommended you refrain from attending the in-person conference sessions and events and wear a mask if it is necessary to be in public places outside the event.
If you test negative for COVID-19 after becoming symptomatic while attending the event, please use your best judgment to determine whether you should resume attending conference sessions or events and/or continue to wear a mask in public places, bearing in mind the potential for false negatives on early tests. Please consider both your own health and safety as well as the health and safety of other conference participants.
Step 2: If you test positive while attending the event, you must promptly notify the onsite event manager at email@example.com so they can:
- provide further guidance on isolation requirements in concert with venue personnel
- offer support as needed (hotel accommodation modifications and connection to local medical providers/emergency centers if necessary)
You should refrain from attending conference sessions and events and continue to wear a mask in public places outside the event.
All communication and information in support of your situation will remain confidential in line with data privacy regulations.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Protocols
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued a set of protocols that you should follow if you are feeling unwell, displaying COVID-19 symptoms or test positive while visiting the United States:
- If you come into close contact with someone with COVID-19: follow CDC’s recommendations for quarantine.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms: follow CDC’s recommendations for isolation.
- Take precautions for travel; recommendations for domestic and international travel.
Note: If your country of origin is outside of the United States, we recommend you review the guidance provided by your local health authorities for COVID-19 protocols for scheduling your return home.
As an in-person participant of the conference, you represent and certify that:
- I support the 2023 IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting (GM) COVID-19 Safety Measures and will follow its COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- I acknowledge that attending the conference is of value to me and that I accept the risk of being exposed to COVID-19 to attend. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19, and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending the conference.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Thank you for your understanding and support!
We are looking forward to seeing you at the conference!