Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What cities will be hosting the upcoming IEEE PES GMs?
The upcoming IEEE PES GM conferences will be held in the following cities
- 16 – 20 July 2023 – Orlando, Florida – Save the Date/Call for Papers
- 2024 – Seattle, Washington
Is there a virtual option for the 2022 IEEE PES General Meeting?
There is not a virtual option for the 2022 IEEE PES General Meeting. The PES GM Steering Committee feels this event should be experienced in person since networking is key benefit of this event. As we continue to monitor and be nimble in the new events landscape, we are considering viable hybrid options for future IEEE PES General Meetings. All presentations from the event will be made available in the PES Resource Center at no charge to PES members.
Health And Safety
2022 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting (PES GM) Health and Safety Hub
The health and safety of our conference attendees is our top priority. The 2022 IEEE PES GM Organizing Committee remains vigilant in monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic.
PES GM is planned as in person event. We look forward to you joining us in Denver, CO.
PES GM will be following all local guidelines and adhering to venue-specific standards in order to host the event safely and effectively.
Masks are still strongly recommended in indoor public settings, to help reduce transmission and keep Denver at a low risk level, but they are not mandated.
Before Leaving Home
- Individuals who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 are encouraged to stay home.
- Be sure to monitor your home country/location’s travel requirements to say current in the event of any restrictions or requirements that may prohibit your ability to travel.
Increased Sanitization and Hygiene
- The Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel will follow the best practices established in Marriott Commitment to Clean.
- Hand sanitizing products will be made available throughout the event space
- Sanitizing wipes will be provided in every room for speaker use at the podium
- Audio-visual equipment such as keyboards, laser pointer, and mics will be wiped down with sanitizer wipes between each session and at regular intervals throughout the day
What You Can Do to Help Onsite
- Consider wearing a mask, however, masks are not required. Vaccinated or not, wearing a mask in indoor public space can help protect you and everyone else close to you.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Follow the World Health Organization’s (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines to prevent the spread of infectious diseases at the event
- Discourage physical greetings like handshakes, high fives, fist or elbow bumps, and hugs
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Maintain social distancing between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- If you have fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
Local COVID-19 Testing
If needed there are various local options for local COVID-19 testing. Attendees will need to reach out and arrange appointments and testing themselves.
Health Screening and COVID Testing Locations
Denver Health Urgent Care
0.1 miles from CCC
1545 California St.
HOURS Mon-Fri: 7:00am-6:00pm, Sat & Sun: 9:00am-4:00pm
*PCR COVID tests available. Turnaround time 24hrs. No appointment needed. Not offered for guests who do not have symptoms or require a test to travel home.
COVID Check Colorado
0.2 miles from CCC
1600 California Street, Ste 1
HOURS Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm, Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm
16th Street Mall – Walk Up (nasal and saliva testing available)
*PCR Tests. Appointment encouraged, but not required. Test results take 2 -3 days.
*Located at the last door on the right of the building, in the former Great Clips space (east of Target; Glenarm side). Free for Coloradoans and out of state visitors, including international travelers. Guaranteed to be here until July 1st.
0.2 miles from CCC
750 16th St Mall, Denver, CO 80202
HOURS Sun-Sat: 9:00am-9:00pm
*Rapid home tests available for sale.
0.6 miles from CCC
1431 15th St.
HOURS Mon-Fri: 7:00am-5:00pm, Sat & Sun: 8:00am-5:00pm
*Rapid and PCR COVID tests available. Turnaround time for rapid is within the day. Turnaround time for PCR is 3-5 days. Appointment is needed (book online). Offered for guests regardless of having symptoms or not.
Denver Health Adult Urgent Care Clinic
1.5 miles from CCC
660 Bannock St., Pavilion L, 1st Floor, Denver, CO 80204
HOURS Daily 7:00am-7:00pm
*PCR COVID tests available. Turnaround time 24-48 hours. Appointment is needed. Not offered for guests who do not have symptoms.
Intravene Mobile Health
1.6 miles from CCC
525 Santa Fe Dr.
*Rapid and PCR COVID tests available. Turnaround time for rapid is 15-30 minutes. Turnaround time for PCR is 2-4 hours. A specialized nurse comes to your location to perform the test. Rapid test $149.99, PCR test $289. As an add on, this company also specializes in IV therapy to boost your immune system. This can take 45-60 mins depending on treatment. Appointment is needed (book online).
AFC Urgent Care Denver Five Points
1.8 miles from CCC
3177 N Downing St.
HOURS Mon-Fri: 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat & Sun: 8:00am-4:00pm
*Rapid and PCR COVID tests available. Turnaround time for rapid 30mins-1hr. Turnaround time for PCR 24-48 hrs. Appointment is needed (book online). Offered for guests regardless of having symptoms or not.
AFC Urgent Care Denver Speer
2.2 miles from CCC
777 E Speer Blvd #100
HOURS Mon-Fri: 8:00am-8:00pm, Sat & Sun: 8:00am-6:00pm
*Rapid and PCR COVID tests available. Turnaround time for rapid 30mins-1hr. Turnaround time for PCR 24-48 hrs. Appointment is needed (book online). Offered for guests regardless of symptoms.
SameDay Health- Cherry Creek
3.6 miles from CCC
231 Detroit St, Denver, CO 80206
HOURS Daily 7:30am-6:30pm
*Testing turnaround time varies depending on which test patient selects.
5.4 miles from CCC
1111 S Colorado Blvd., Denver, CO 80246
HOURS Open 24 hours a day
*Rapid and PCR COVID tests available. Turnaround time for rapid 2 hours. Turnaround time for PCR 24-48 hours. Appointment needed through website.
Denver International Airport
26.8 miles from CCC
*XpresCheck, is now open in the center of Concourse B, post security. You must have a boarding pass to access this location.