Welcome to IEEE Power & Energy Society CommunityThe IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) General Meeting (GM) extends a warm welcome to our first-time attendees! The IEEE PES GM is the premier annual power and electrical engineering event that will bring together over 3,000 leading PES members, power and electrical engineers, key academics, and engineering students from all over the world. From 1964 through 2002 IEEE PES had a Winter and Summer meeting each year. Starting in 2003 these were combined into a single General Meeting which has been held annually. Our goal is for you to have a phenomenal conference experience. Join us this summer in Orlando to participate with the PES community.
First-time Attendees Session
Attending the GM for the first time can be an overwhelming experience due to the size and scope of the event.
There’s a great session at the beginning of the GM designed to help you learn about the GM, all the key events, and how to optimize your time. If you choose to attend in Orlando, join this helpful session, meet other first-time attendees, and get familiar with our events and activities. This event is open to all registered attendees.
Navigating The IEEE PES GM
GM content, experiences, and events are organized under four main umbrellas.
Technical Program: Called the ‘heart of the conference’, the Technical Program is where you’ll find paper presentations, panel sessions, committee meetings, workshops, and so much more.
Networking Events: A variety of social and networking events are included in the PES GM. These include an opening reception on Sunday evening, poster sessions, an awards dinner, and Women in Power and Young Professionals Receptions.
Student Program: A robust student program includes a dedicated Tuesday morning poster session co-located with breakfast, a Student, Industry, Faculty (SIF) Luncheon on Wednesday (ticketed event), and a job-fair on Wednesday afternoon.
Tutorials: Ten tutorials will be offered on Sunday, 16 July 2023. These are ticketed events that incur additional fees to attend.
Registration can be completed online.
Early bird registration discounts are available up to 9th of June 2023. A variety of discounted rates are available to IEEE members, PES members, students, and companions.
Tips for First-Time Attendees
- Attend the First Time Attendees Session on Sunday, 16 July 2023, 3–4 PM EST in Celebration 9.
- Review the Hotel & Venue information to help plan your travel and conference attendance.
- Review the PES GM Advance Program to familiarize yourself with the event.
- Download the PES GM mobile app, available soon, and plan your conference with the built in program to create a personalized schedule.
- Attending one or more of the receptions is a great way to unwind and network in a fun environment.
- Visit the information booths on-site as they’re staffed with friendly faces willing to help.