2023 IEEE PES GM Student Poster Session and Contest
The 2023 IEEE PES General Meeting organizing committee and the Student Meeting Activities Subcommittee of IEEE PES Power and Energy Education Committee (PEEC) are happy to announce that there will be a Student Program at the 2023 IEEE PES General Meeting July 16-20, 2023, Orlando, FL, USA.
The Student Program at the IEEE PES General Meeting provides a fantastic opportunity for students to take advantage of all the conference has to offer. Specifically, the program includes:
- Student registration discount
- Student Poster Session & Contest
- Student Housing Support Program
- Student Industry Faculty Luncheon and Job Fair
The Student Poster Session & Contest allow students to present their research, share ideas, and receive feedback from peers, faculty, and industry experts. Students also have the opportunity of being recognized with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place student poster awards in the undergraduate and graduate student categories.
The Student Housing Support Program provides free accommodation for the conference duration up to four nights to students in the conference hotels to assist with travel expenses.
Students, industry members, and faculty are invited to attend the Student Industry Faculty Luncheon and Job Fair, to meet one another and network. A panel of faculty members and industry professionals at different stages of their careers is held to provide career advice and insights into careers in the power & energy field. Following the luncheon, a job fair is held.
Applications for the Student Housing Support Program and submissions of poster abstracts for inclusion in the Student Poster Session & Contest are accepted through the online portal:
- Submission Site – Link to be provided soon
- The submission site will open on 02/15/2023
- The deadline to apply for the Student Housing Support Program and to submit poster abstracts for the Student Poster Session & Contest is March 31, 2023 (5 PM ET)
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent out to students by April 21, 2023
- Graduate and Undergraduate students are encouraged to submit abstracts pertaining to research and/or senior design projects.
- Students wishing to be considered for the student poster contest must submit a 1 page extended abstract in PDF format, written according to IEEE template;
- Past year’s booklets of Student Poster Abstracts can be found here.
- Conference registration isn’t required at this time, but will be required by March 31, 2023 in order to be considered for this program.
- Faculty/supervisor recommendations are needed as part of the application process.
IEEE PES Student Meeting Activities Subcommittee of PEEC
Chair – Sridhar Chouhan
Vice Chair – Anthony Deese
Secretary – Paras Mandal
Past Chair – Valentina Cecchi
Secretary-Elect – Luke Dosiek
Webmaster – Luke Dosiek