Call for Nominations: Outstanding Doctoral Dissertations in IEEE PES – NOW CLOSED
The IEEE PES Power Engineering Education Committee (PEEC) is soliciting nominations for outstanding doctoral dissertations to be presented at a two-hour panel session at the IEEE PES General Meeting 2023. This panel is intended to recognize the best emerging academic work that falls under the scope and enhances the mission of the IEEE Power and Energy Society. Up to four recent doctoral graduates will be selected to present the main contributions of their dissertations.
- The candidate’s dissertation must have been published (and successfully defended) in the prior three calendar years as indicated by the dissertation cover page. (For IEEE PESGM 2023: 2020, 2021, 2022)
- The nomination must be made by the main dissertation advisor as indicated by the
dissertation acceptance page.
- Candidate must be able to attend the IEEE PES General Meeting 2023.
Required Nomination Documents:
- Nomination letter (max. 2 pages) from dissertation advisor highlighting the major
contributions of the dissertation to the mission of PES
- CV (include list of publications)
Nominations must be submitted through the online form here (do not submit via email).
Nominations are NOW CLOSED. We anticipate emailing the selected winners by Mar. 8, 2023 (in line with PESGM paper notifications).
- Tim Hansen, South Dakota State University
- Paras Mandal, University of Texas El Paso
- Sara Eftekharnejad, Syracuse University
- Sukumar Kamalasadan, University of North Carolina Charlotte
If you have any questions about the nomination requirements, please email Tim Hansen or Paras Mandal.