Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 7am MDT: The Student Poster Session & Contest | Room: Plaza Ballroom ABC
The 2022 IEEE PES General Meeting organizing committee and the Student Meeting Activities Subcommittee of IEEE PES Power and Energy Education Committee (PEEC) are excited to host the Student Poster Session & Contest, allowing students to present their research, share ideas, and receive feedback from peers, faculty, and industry experts. Students also have the opportunity of being recognized with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place student poster awards in the undergraduate and graduate student categories. The session is open to all event attendees.
Wednesday, 20 July 2022 at 1130am – 130pm MDT: Student, Industry, and Faculty Luncheon and Job Fair | Room: Grand Ballroom
Students, industry members, and faculty are invited to attend the Student Industry Faculty Luncheon and Job Fair, to meet, connect and network with peers and leading industry associates. A panel of faculty members and industry professionals at different stages of their careers will be held to provide career advice and insights into careers in the power & energy field. View the panelists’ bios below. Following the luncheon, a job fair will be held. Luncheon registration is required.
- Alex Dove – Substation Field Engineer, Xcel Energy
- Yuanrui Sang – Assistant Professor In Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Texas at El Paso
- Adarsh Nagarajan – Group Manager, U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Josh Moyers – Electrical Engineer, Western Area Power Administration (WAPA)
The following 2022 IEEE PES GM Career Advisors will be available to connect, chat & network at the luncheon.
- Babak Enayati – Director of Engineering, Borrego Solar & IEEE PES GB Member, VP of Education
- Brett Board – Independent Consulting Engineer, Blue Line Logic
- Curtis Ashton – Training Director, American Power Systems, LLC
- Eric Gupta – Advanced Grid Business Lead, Xcel Energy
- Clifton Oertli – President & CEO, NEI Electric Power Engineering, Inc.
- Frank Gotte – Vice President of Power Systems, NEI Electric Power Engineering, Inc.
- Jackie M. Peer – Head of Strategic Business Development, Omnicron Electronics Corporation
- Md Shakawat Hossan – Engineering Specialist, Eaton Research Lab (ERL)
- Xiaoyuan Fan – Senior Research Engineer, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
IEEE PES Student Meeting Activities Subcommittee of PEEC