The IEEE Power & Energy Society generally invites proposals for tutorials in conjunction with upcoming North American conferences, preceding the conference year. The announcement calls for tutorials will be advertised on our website, emails, and social media.
If the Tutorial is selected, the instructors must agree with the terms/conditions noted in the agreement on compensation and materials for PES Tutorial Instructors.
The IEEE PES University Education Selection and Quality Control Committee, in conjunction with the IEE PES Technical Council, will review and make the selection of the tutorials presented at the IEEE PES North American Conferences.
The proposed tutorial:
- Length must be half day (4 hours) or full day (8 hours).
- The tutorial organizer MUST first have the tutorial technically approved by the relevant IEEE PES Technical Committee. Any tutorials submitted without the approval of an IEEE PES Technical Committee will not be considered. The submitter is responsible for obtaining approval from the PES Technical Committee.
The following information must be included:
- Title of tutorial
- Abstract/Description (~150 words)
- Target audience
- Learning objectives
- Course Outline denoting Topics and timeframes for each topic. An eight-hour tutorial should allow for at least 7.5 hours excluding break.
- Instructor names and biographies (approximately 125 words).
- Email addresses of presenters
Presenter(s) agrees to:
- Use the IEEE PES template. Presenter information and company logo may be on the first and last slide only.
- Permit PDF versions of slides to be distributed to registrants via the PES Resource Center.
- Provide a signed copy of the profit-sharing agreement, W-8/W-9. If W-8, please also provide banking information so that a wire transfer can be made